Sunday, March 02, 2008

My Little Fussy Eater

I was looking forward to the weekends simply because I can take Reese out for some food! Ha... I know...outside food not healthy...but the 2 last weeks... getting Reese to eat proved to be so difficult! I tried cooking healthy and yummy food and yet 90% of it got rejected!

So on Saturday.. we took him to Fish & Co. It was past his lunch time (he woke up late from his nap)... the moment he saw the high chair...he started to cry..and when we try to put him in... he cried very loud...and it took us a while to get him in! Then we ordered a kid's meal for him. Fish and Chips and mushroom soup. I thought I will take half the soup and half the fish and all the chips....but... Reese surprised us by taking one full bowl of mushroom soup together with fish meat dipped in his soup! Crazy... He was soo hungry...and yet.. he never reject the food.... weird huh? As for dinner... he had peanut butter with bread.

Today... he had peanut butter and banana sandwich!! He likes it... phew... :)
Dinner... he had nearly 1 chicken wing and a few pieces of mushroom.. Initially rejected the breast meat... but found out he likes the smoother texture of the meat...hehe...

Hai... tomorrow is going to be back to pasta and peanut butter and banana sandwich.... got to work... no time to cook fanciful stuff.

4 comments:

Baby Darren said...

haha...Reese really got good taste in food...maybe u should put some ajinomoto in your cooking (just kidding!)..haha...

Darren also loves outside food..mainly it is more tasty than our healthy cooking.

Maybe u can start adding some salt into his meal. Use rock salt.

A gift from God said...

Hai... I already give in to adding salt...but still... I think he's got a phobia when it comes to eating at home... hopefully this phase will passloh...else dielah...

Moomykin said...

You can also try making your own chicken or anchovies soup stock for your cooking. Tastier and nutritious too.

My boys will take noodles anytime, soup or "kon-low".
The good thing is my mum-in-law actually does all the cooking at home and if they reject her food, I just have to get some of her soup (she makes a pot everyday) and put in a cake of dry noodle and that settles breakfast/lunch/dinner.

Can also freeze the soup stock for later use.

A friend did a steam pumpkin and carrots and kept in the fridge (can keep for about 3-5 days) for her toddler. She would then take some and add into her rice/pasta and found her girl loves it.

A gift from God said...

I don't knowlah... I want him to eat healthy food. He likes noodles..but only yellow noodles..and as we all know..it's not healthy because of certain chemicals in it.

I tried rice, I tried porridge, I tried mee hoon, kuew teow.. all rejected...

I do make my own chicken/vege stock and put them in packets and freeze them...

When I make pasta sauce, I add in alot of vege...

With his new diet...there is hardly any vegetables...

I have to substitute it with fruits...

Still a headache...I can already see my boy is loosing some weight..