Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Finger brush and tooth paste
Went to the dentist a couple of weeks ago and ask him when I should bring Reese for his first dental check up. He told me when he is 3 years old. Now...that's abit long isn't it? I did my research and most will tell you when the child is around 1.5 or 2 years old. Anyway... he recommended a finger brush to clean the baby's teeth to keep away bacteria and smell....

So...last night..I finally found one at Guardian... and the best thing is... the tooth paste can be swallowed. Tried it on Reese this morning... It was good... he likes the taste....and I manage to clean his teeth properly too! :)

One problem solved.

4 comments:

Baby Darren said...

that's good....i'm having problem brushing darren's teeth. He does not allow us to put the baby toothbrush into his mouth.

I saw the one u bought from Guardian too. Quite expensive rite? I wonder will the rubber brush come out from our finger while brushing the teeth? Maybe i should try getting one too.

Ann said...

ooohhh....maybe will just get one and store at home in case I forget later! :)

A gift from God said...

mummy darren,

It's RM32 something... The finger brush is very good. It does not slip out easily... It's definately easier than using a cloth! I think it's worth buying... Reese also likes the taste..and now willingly allow me to brush his teeth!

Moomykin said...

My boys have bad teeth due to bad bottle habit (drinking and sleeping) and secretly given sweets by grandparents. Major headache.

Brush as soon as you can. Also, do take them to the dentist just to be friend him/her and learn to not be afraid of the chair and bright light.

Better if the dentist is a personal friend. Then your child will know this is a person he can trust.

You can read of my first episode at the dentist:

"His toothache My headache, 7 June 2007"