Saturday, May 15, 2010

Love Being an Idiot....

I love it when Reese genuinely laugh till he drools! It makes me feel so good that my son is happy. One of the best way to do so is when I am being an idiot in front of him! :) At his age, it's important we let him explore and have fun and most importantly we spent enough time with him. We love having silly plays. I enjoy watching daddy chasing Reese in Reese's baby bike and Reese will laugh and shouts non stop! Yesterday night while watching Thomas Cup finals (So disappointing) I played badminton with Reese using a toy guitar! That got Reese laughing like a horse....hehehe...

Just yesterday I was reading how important it is to play, play, play and read, read, read to your 3-4 year old child. Academic skills later please! (guilty because Reese started doing worksheets! but... school requires that..mmm... balance is the key.. )

I read about 'What should a 4 year old know?' by Alicia Bayer and I wanna share this with you.

She should know that she is loved wholly and unconditionally, all of the time... She should know that it is always okay to paint the sky orange and give cats 6 legs... He should know his own interests and be encouraged to follow them... Read the article

No comments: