Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Just being human...

How often do you react badly and your child got to bear the brunt of it? I am certainly not an angelic mom nor am I the most patient of all. Once in a while when I am stressed and my child did not behave too well I will get really angry and lash out at my poor son 2 to 3 times more than necessary. It's like I am releasing my anger on my poor child! I felt really bad afterwards but.... I am only human... does it sound familiar? Ha.. I sure hope it is...else I will be even more guilty!

I remembered when I was young, my mom did the same to me and my sister. I will always questioned why can't she take her anger else where! Why on us? I hated it very much. Sad to say... I am doing it to my own child. But seriously.... sometimes you just can't control it!

Just like yesterday evening, I was busy teaching and was all stressed up with some other issues and my dear son woke up and started whining over little things. Fine... I pacified him and gave him a piece of paper to draw. Earlier I drew 3 houses with tall chimneys for him to draw strings and balloons... he got angry and wanted only one house instead and demanded for some other stuff! mmm.... a little angry but it's ok.. he just woke up.. I told myself. Then it was dinner time, gave him his dinner and he refused to eat because I added vegetables. Gggggrrr.... I spent more than 1 hour earlier to prepare his dinner and now he was not happy with it... started throwing tantrum and wanted to play and didn't want to eat... That really put me off and I scolded him and force him to sit and eat his own dinner. Vegetable taken out already. One thing led to another..... I kept scolding him and threaten him with the thinking corner....bla...bla..bla.... My mom wanted to feed him and I told her off and everyone was like thinking what's the matter with me! After a good 1.5 hours... my son finished his food. I gave him a big hug and told him that he has to eat his dinner on his own and bla bla bla.... kissed him and kept telling him I love him so much. Thinking back I knew I was too harsh on the poor kid..... mmm...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

To err is human, mommy :) Reese gets a high five for finishing his dinner and mommy gets one too for talking to him after dinner and wrapping up any loose ends for the day! Pat on yur back.

A gift from God said...

Thank you for the encouragement Anonymous!