Thursday, May 22, 2008

Diapers and Formula Milk

Before having Reese, I never bothered to check out promotions from major hypermarkets whether from the internet or the newspapers. Then I found out that during promotions, especially for diapers and formula milk, there can be quite a significant savings if bought in a large quantity!

Now I am obsessed by it. Even my husband will make sure when he reads the weekend paper, he will pay attention to such promotions! :)

Everything is getting so expensive, I remembered when Reese started taking formula till now, the price of his milk has gone up twice. Diapers about twice too. For the past 1 month or so, we had to change Reese's diaper brand again. He is growing big and we had no choice but to go for a bigger and better one. From newborn, Reese used Mamypokko and then when he was a couple of months old, we changed to Huggies dry comfort. Quality is good but cutting a little smaller compare to Mamypokko. Then now, we have to use Mamypokko again for night use because it's more comfortable and can hold more urine and last week, we decided to use Huggies Ultra which is more expensive then Huggies dry comfort. The cutting is bigger and overall more comfortable. Hai, now we have to pay more for diapers again!

There was a promotion at Tesco last week where Huggies Ultra was only RM36.90 and promotion at Carrefour for Mamypokko at RM41.90 for 50 pieces. We bought 5 packs of Huggies Ultra and 2 packs of Mamypokko.

Now, we are waiting for Carrefour promotion for formula milk! Reese takes GainPlus by Abbot and the cheapest I can get is RM79.99. When Carrefour has a promotion, I can get it for RM75.99 I think. This is the only place with promotion for GainPlus. Unlike Enfagrow A+, I don't see any promotion for GainPlus. So if you uses GainPlus, always check out Carrefour!!

It's so expensive raising a kid these days.


6 comments:

Ann said...

How come you changed milk? I thought you were on Similac range?

oh...and about diapers...boyboy now a days has changed his sleeping pattern and only goes to bed around 9...so, he get him ready for bed then and thus his Huggies Dry cannot sustain throughout the night. Thinking also of changing to MP later on!

it is an expensive business indeed.

Baby Darren said...

oh yeah..the amount of milk they consumed and the diaper they use..really cost a bomb..

I always miss all those good sales but my cousin is very good in it. So, she will call me and buy for me when there is a good sales. The latest bulk purchase is A DOZEN of large tin of milk we got from Isetan few months back. We did save a lot from there...:)

Come to diaper...that's why I potty trained him now...heheh..can save on diapers..

So, if u want to save on diaper, start him on potty training soon..hahahaha....

A gift from God said...

Ann,

Oh...Reese is still taking the Similac range.. Gain plus is for 1-3 years old. MP definately can take more urine!! :) and it's super comfortable..

Soo Li,

I also want to potty train him..but also lazy and worry about the mess...hehe... so until mummy is ready... will use diapers firstloh...

Anonymous said...

Yha, potty train is very important...
Good luck for all of us...

Mumsgather said...

I'm saving so much now that I don't have to buy diapers anymore. Phew! But my husband says he misses those days wor. He's a sentimental guy, diaper buying oso can miss wan. Hehe.

A gift from God said...

mumsgather,

Wah... buying diapers also miss ah? :)
but I must say, it's kinda exciting when you do get a good bargain..and just can't wait to get to the promotion section and grab as many as you can.. and once you sapu all the certain size and we actually feel triumphant ...hehe

Unique gift newborn,

Yeah... I know..potty training is important...but at the moment..too lazy and don't want to get stressed out...