Monday, March 09, 2009

Toys and Space Management

Ah, over the past 2 years, Reese has accumulated alot of toys that I am finding trouble storing them properly. We used to put all his toys in boxes. You know, just dump everything into the big boxes. It starts to take up more and more floor space! And another big problem. Reese is not the type that will pour everything out in the box and play. He just takes whatever that is on the top of the box. So alot of his toys are just buried in the boxes and hardly touched. After much consideration, we went to IKEA today and bought this nice little shelf-drawers thingy. We separated the smaller toys into different boxes and Reese can now easily slide them out and pick up whatever he wants. It actually save us some floor space. Damage? About RM230 plus for 4 bins and the shelf. We also bought another shelf (much cheaper) to be used at my mother's place. He has almost the same amount of toys at my mom's place. This boy is really lucky!

So much neater now, I forgot to take a picture before this makeover!

7 comments:

Linda said...

I also bought the same thing when hubby went for KL trip last week. I wanted the white one, it's cheaper, but ran out of stock. I am still waiting for hubby to assembly the things. Can't wait to organized my daughther toys into boxes.

A gift from God said...

Ah... we also wanted to get the white one...but out of stock.. then we opt for the taller one (white) but hubby somehow got the shorter one but natural colour... haha.. luckily it's almost enough to keep the stuff..

Anonymous said...

Can you let me know where you purchase the tall multi ball dropper (on right side of picture) and the brand? Thanks so much!

Merle

Kristie said...

good way to store stuffs :)

ur place looks so homely and cosy!

A gift from God said...

Merle,

I got that from Think Toys (Formerly known as ELC) You can find the store at The Curve, The Gardens, Bangsar Village I (these are the store location that I know of). It's about Rm159 or something like that. Can't remember.

Moomykin said...

Our whole house is invaded by the boys and their toys.

Micah insists on "managing" the toys himself, so he has them "sorted" in different baskets and boxes, but he is also "manages" what can be use for play each day. We sometimes have to tell him off for not allowing his brother to play with other toys.
Sigh...

A gift from God said...

Moomykin,

I live in a condo, limitted space and so, need to manage the floor space well. :)

At least your boy is insisting on managing his toys... my boy doesn't seems to care.