Sunday, March 29, 2009

Reese can read!




YES!!! YES!!!!

Reese can read.... did some phonics with him and for the first time, I actually make an effort to draw and do some pasting of words on the board for Reese to learn... I thought it would take a week or so for him to read but he surprised me by being able to read the words! I am so excited and happy.... :)

This morning after updating my blog, I decided to do some actual work with Reese on his reading. So I did some preparation and the first thing when Reese woke up... I show him the white board with the work I prepared. Did a little warm up and then Reese was able to recognize the words!! Tomorrow going to prepare another set of words.... we did 'at' 3 letter words today.

So so happy.... my son can read just before he turns 2.5 years old.... yippie...

6 comments:

Nina @ BabyBoon said...

oh yay, congrats reese! you might just have gotten yourself a genius over there ;)

Merryn said...

The fat cat.
The fat cat has a hat.
The fat cat is on the mat.
The fat cat is after the rat.

Wow... reese is a genius! Success on the first try! congratulations! :)

Kristie said...

clever boy :)

4malmal said...

oh well done both to mummy and reese!

Leona said...

You must be soooo proud of yur little boy! All your hard work reading to him and encouraging him has paid off!

A gift from God said...

Dear Mummies,

I am really proud of Reese, now that he can read... I will slow down and go concentrate on other skills! :)