Thursday, March 19, 2009

Reese taught me!


All these while, what Reese watches on TV is controlled. He only watches cartoons that we think is appropriate for him. We never subscribe cartoon channels on Astro. About 2 months ago, we decided to add documentary channels. Reese took an interest in Animal planet channel and about 2 weeks ago, while he was watching a program on a group of small animals that I have seen before but didn't know what they were called (my general knowledge sucks). So I casually asked hubby and before he could answer, my son said "Meerkats, Meerkats". I looked at Reese and thought he was talking nonsense and I asked hubby and he didn't know either. So we continued watching the program and true enough those little creatures were called Meerkats! Hahaha... my son is smarter than us!

Ever since then, almost everyday for an hour, he will watch the program on Meerkats. He will tell you what they did like digging tunnels, fighting and running very fast. He was so engrossed in them.

Reese also learned another type of animal, Gibbons. He knew they are from the monkey family. TV if used appropriately is actually good for children in my opinion. We will continue to control the contents of what Reese watches.

2 comments:

Moomykin said...

My boys watches only 613 (playhouse Disney) and animal planet on TV. They are not into others for now and I'm so glad.

Occasionally Gadget-daddy will watch some other discovery channel and they'll come look-see for a while if there are trains, race cars or planes. :D

A gift from God said...

Reese doesn't seem to be interested in anything else except certain cartoons and animal planet. :)

As long he has a well balance day... it's ok.... :)