Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Time out....

I want time out. I want my personal time and space. I have no time to indulge in things I like to do. I want to do nothing and just relax. I want to go shopping and meet up with my girlfriends without looking at the time. I want to watch a TV series continuously without thinking about waking up the next morning for work. I want to sleep through the night and wake up after 10am (My internal clock is a little crazy. Automatically wakes up at 5.15am or sometimes 4.30am!). I want a nice holiday with hubby. Just the two of us. My daily routine is always a rush and when I do have a pocket of free time, I am too tired to do anything or there is nothing interesting to do. Can I have a carefree day or two? Nah... I can only dream about it. :)

I need more time (Everyone is asking for that isn't it?)

With Reese around, I just have no time for the above and neither does hubby. Everyday is a full day, work and caring for Reese. Sometimes I felt like a robot. Always managing someone else and making sure things are done properly. At the end of the day I am dead tired. Most of the days I sleep less than 6 hours and at times I drop dead at 9pm before Reese sleeps. I have no time to spend with hubby because I am always tired. It's tough when you have to work full time and take care of a toddler. Thank God I can afford a maid. At least she takes care of the housework and helps me with Reese when I am busy. Going on a holiday without Reese? It's possible BUT.... I cannot allow myself to do that. Just cannot.

Ahhhh..... tough tough tough. If only I can be a little selfish and think about myself but I can't. It's just me.

5 comments:

LittleLamb said...

yes u can hv time out. arrange for someone to take care reese n u go away for a 2 hours...

Ann said...

Don't start with a holiday....start with more outings with hubby during the weekend alone.

It works wonders on the marriage and a happy marriage is necessary too for a stress-free happy home...

hope you manage to work soemthing out.

A gift from God said...

Mummies,

Thank you. I am fine... just one of those days.... :) I am enjoying my long weekend!

Nina @ BabyBoon said...

gosh. its like u read whats on my mind. u said it all. i'm like that too. wish i could have some fun away from the normal day-to-day routine but i know my guilty conscience won't allow it. what can we do...? maybe we need a personality overhaul!

A gift from God said...

BabyBooned,

Even personality overhaul won't work. We just cannot overwrite our guilty conscience! :)