Monday, March 30, 2009

Mummy, Daddy go away!


Last Sunday we took Reese to MidValley. He was as usual happy and ran around going from one place to the other. Then while in Jusco, daddy got some tokens for Reese to play and forcefully we put him in a moving 'police car' ride (I know, we shouldn't force him..lesson learned). He cried and screamed and kicked. At the end of the ride, I carried him and tried to calm him down and that was when he said he wants daddy go far away, he kept saying that while we took him out of Jusco. Daddy played along and went to hide and when in view, Reese protested again and wanted Daddy to go away.

When we were outside Jusco, I told him it's not right to shoo his daddy away and then he demanded that we both go away, he was jumping, crying, screaming at the top of his lungs for us to go away... everyone was staring and some laughing. We decided to walk away and hide and hope that he will be afraid, we were so wrong... the moment we came out of hiding, he screamed and cried and wanted us to go away.... the drama lasted about 10 to 15 minutes in full view of the public. At the end, we just walk away and hide and guess what Reese did? He stopped crying and happily walk alone towards Toy 'R' Us and constantly looking back to make sure we are no where in sight! Crazy I tell you. He went in to the toy shop and happily played with the toys for a good 20 minutes without feeling afraid. Both hubby and I were like some 'dungus' watching him from behind some toys making sure he didn't see us. After 20 minutes... I can't take it anymore... I think if given a choice, Reese will be happy playing until they close shop! So I went to say hello and we kissed and made up.

Oh boy.... my son is really at the height of his terrible two stage... wonder when it will end....mmmm....

6 comments:

Nina @ BabyBoon said...

i laughed really hard when i read this because a similar thing happened to me today! its the typical terrible twos la, i think! i was at ikano's post office today and i told gib to not go out of the post office because he'll lose mummy and wont see mummy again. he happily went out to play outside and did not look for me at all! luckily the maid was tagging along behind him quietly. i tell u.. they're so vulnerable to kidnapping and stuff la like this. scary thought!

Merryn said...

aiyo.. if this is wat toddler at the age of two gonna be, i dread to think wat will happen to ethan in four months time! aarrrhhh!

Mumsgather said...

My two also completely forgets about me when we hit the toy store or the book store.

A gift from God said...

Mummies,

I felt sooooo much better... :) I am not alone! My son is not weird... hahaha..

Leona said...

I guess children at this age want to feel liberated and 'grown up' and in command. Little do they know that they are only 2 -3 years old! haha!

Ann said...

Sigh Sigh Sigh....I think the same all round! Where do they get this courage, I wonder to walk around alone like that!

THe world at 2 must be toooo amazing!