Monday, March 16, 2009

A Broken Fragile Heart

"I want mummy to go away"
"Mummy go far far away"
"I want the mummy go far away"

These were my son's words this morning. He was angry with me because I put him in the room as punishment for being naughty. It hurts to hear these from my son. I never prepare myself for such hurting words so when he said them this morning, I was nearly going to break down and cry. He is not even two and half years old yet! I guess I over reacted. It is normal for kids to say hurtful things or the truth of the moment? Yes?

I know it's all part of growing up. I know he was angry with me and what he said he meant it at least during those tense moments. I was so hurt that I left him in the bedroom and went out and pretended to cry. I did that for a good 5 minutes and he didn't seem to care! In fact he was rolling on the bed talking to himself and singing too! ggggrrrr.... my son still has no emotion! Oh well, that will come eventually. So what did I do after that? I just sat in the living room and waited for him to come out. When he did, I pretended to be sad and not look up at him. He can't be bothered. Arrggg.... after a good half hour, he asked for milk! So I made his milk and told him that we have to go Poh poh's house and he can have his milk in the car. I had to give in else we will be at home the whole day. *sigh*

In the car, I was all quiet and refused to entertain him and I think he knew I was angry. I stopped by a fruiterer and bought some fruits for him and offered him a grape but I told him he has to 'Sayang' mummy first. and he took my hands in his and kissed them. He gave me a big smile and I just melted and gave him the grape.

I forsee that in the future, I will give in to alot to this little rascal more than anyone else. When was the first time your child hurts you emotionally?

3 comments:

Baby Darren said...

emm...Darren has just hurt me last night by calling my sil "mommy". He likes her a lot and probably he was just following his cousins calling her mommy but when his grandpa asked, "who is ur mommy?" he cheekily point to my sil.

Although I pretended to be nothing...in my heart..i felt hurt and jealous....until we reached home..i told him..i'm not going to sleep with you coz I am not ur mommy. I am your aunty. See...mommy merajuk here...

He then kept on shaking his head, calling me mommy and kissing me here and there... how to be angry with him...sigh!!

So...kids are kids...i can understand how you feel...they dun meant to hurt you and just a way to express their unhappiness. You are still his greatest mommy after all....

A gift from God said...

Baby Darren,

Sad huh? I know deep down no one can replace me in his eyes... just geram and hurt when those words came flying without warning...hehehe

As for Darren, hai... sometimes they do that at the spur of the moment... Aiyo... I just remembered that I still owe you a scanned book! got to remember to do it..sorry sorry...

Melinda Loh said...

Samuel did that when he is 2yrs onwards... i guess almost all kids will say that. i saw that on my newphew who is 3.5yrs. but just like you saying, that is part of their growing up phase. we just have to let the emotion runs and think how our parents feel when we argue with them....