Thursday, February 19, 2009

Walking into a stationary shop...

My stationary for craft with Reese

It's eye opening, it brought back great memories of my school days... I kinda missed it. :)
After leaving secondary school, my creative juices just stopped flowing because there was no need for it. Well, at least when it came to art and design. Can you believe it if I told you that I was once the head of the art section of the editorial board in my secondary school? That I was once really good at design and drawing? Ok.... sorry, many of you have never met me nor know alot about me. Hehehe...

Anyway... when I stepped into the stationary shop, I was all excited and didn't know where to start. I was there because I needed to start doing craft with Reese. I have been talking about doing it and yet didn't have the time to go shop for stationary. So this morning, I was determine to do so and I did.

There were so many things to look at and many things were new to me and I just went blank for a second. When I came to my senses, I headed straight to the paper section. Without colour/construction paper you can't do craft. So happily I started to choose different types of paper. I went for the plain coloured construction paper. Didn't want to get those cheap colour paper where the colours will run the moment it's wet and I also bought laser rainbow wrappers. I didn't really know how many pieces of paper/wrapper I bought! some were big and some were small. I even bought a very big piece of form like material intending to make my own stamps for Reese to do stamping! It was so satisfying.

Then I headed to the pen section and got myself two black markers and colour markers. Next I saw some wonderful paint (washable) for Reese to do finger painting. Picked up a glue stick, a bottle of strong glue, a pair of scissors, some strings, an art block and rings. I know I needed more stuff but for now it's sufficient.

My damage was RM120 plus. Paper is expensive!

3 comments:

Linda said...

very expensive hor... you got some good quality stuff there. Hope Reese has lots of fun and learning. I also got a plastic scissors for my girl, give her any paper and she will start to cut. Clay is also another inexpensive craft activity.

Baby Darren said...

Everything is expensive nowadays...even paper.

I love shopping at stationery shop. There are just so many interesting thing to look at.

Wish u have a good craft time with Reese.

A gift from God said...

Linda,

Yup.. paper is expensive but then again... everything is expensive..hehe... Clay huh? I have never lay my hands on clay before... will try it someday... thank you for the suggestion!

Baby Darren,
You know, at the stationary shop, there were so many things I wanted to buy but it's damn expensive! hehehe...