Sunday, February 08, 2009

Potty Training: I need advice!

Dear mummies and daddies,

Now that Reese knows how to tell us when he needs to go to the washroom.... I have another big problem.

How to get him to pee and poo in the potty?

He refuses to let me put the potty in front of his birdie to 'catch' his pee nor the back to 'catch' his poo... so what now? Every time I bring out the little potty... he will make a big fuss and immediately wants to go out of the washroom.

Every time we go to the washroom it will be a mess. He will pee or poo straight on the floor and we will have to wash him.

I must say he did a great job in telling us, we only trained him for 6 days. :)

What should I do?

4 comments:

Mommy Lose Weight said...

get the father to show him how the man does it :)

Baby Darren said...

Maybe you should let him familiarise with the potty by getting him to sit on it (even though he is not peeing/pooing and with his pants on). Put the potty outside the toilet, at a corner and once in a while, ask him want to pee/poo THERE (by pointing where the potty is).

I think he has no idea that he has to poo/pee in the potty coz he started doing it the wrong way. Now, you need to get him to be "friend" with the potty.

Also, do check is he comfortable sitting at the potty. I still think the traditional simple potty is the best.

Hope it helps...

Leona said...

Haha! i am also facing the same problem as you from the aspect of potty training . Ryan refuses to sit on the potty to do his big business..since he was one years old. Now, he will squirm and struggle whenever I try to put him on the big potty or the plastic potty. For the pee, he is well trained now. At first, we trained him to pee on the floor. Later, he found it fun to stand on the stool and shoot into the jamban.

For a start, Reese is doing well to pee and poo in the toilet although not in the potty yet. Give him time. Perhaps you can tell him that it is dirty to poo and pee on the floor... so we have to sit on the potty.

A gift from God said...

Mmmmm...

mummies, it's tougher than I thought! I will just relax and take it one step at a time... :)