Monday, June 16, 2008

Reese needs discipline?


I thank God that Reese was never a difficult baby. He hardly cries and almost always happy and only occasionally whines.

BUT......


Lately... the terrible two symptoms are slowly emerging. Very defiant, always whine when he doesn't get his way. At times, he will cry. We as parents have always used the softer approach. No raising of the hand or using a cane or scolding unnecessarily. Reese always gets what he wants but I must say, he is easy to satisfied.


So is it time to start proper disciplining him like not giving in? I still don't believe in using the cane. Should we raise our voice and scold him when he does something wrong?


I still think he is a little young for that but hubby doesn't think so. I have no heart to scold him nor have I the heart to not give in to his demands (sometimes).

So what should I do?

Things that he does that drives us crazy... sometimes actually...

1. When we have dinner.. he will come and pull me to turn on the computer and let him watch his favourite websites. If I refuse... he will whine and whine and then cry. He will persistantly come to my side and pull me to go!

2. He will whine and cry when we don't let him play with the stationary bike or anything that he likes.

3. He will scratch the TV screen with a toy. When told not to do it, he will ignore you.

4. Demands to go out and play, walk or just be outside the house... don't meet his demand... he will whine and cry.

When Reese is angry, he will always say "No..no..no..no" and clap his hands hard... and you will see his face all red from being frustrated! Thank God he never screams.

mmmm....as I write this post... I just realised that my Reese is not that naughty after all... right? I can't think of other instances where he gets us all mad! :)


2 comments:

Baby Darren said...

Like you, I never believed in scolding and canning but not now anymore..hahahaha...when they starts to demand more and more (things that cannot tolerate like playing with switches) and his whining just test your patience...I just can't stop myself from raising my voice to him (coz he just can;t hear you when you try to reason/talk to him nicely/softly)

We were like you too - tried to give in as long his demand not overboard but they will soon cross over the line and you need to learn to say "NO" to him. Hubby now even wanted to buy a "rotan"....

But I do respect you by always looking at the good side of your boy (by saying he is not a naughty and difficult toddler). I am the opposite. I always think my boy is difficult and demanding but my in laws always think the opposite. Sometimes I asked myself am I expecting too much from my 2 year old boy...I should start thinking my boy is not a difficult toddler too

A gift from God said...

Soo Li,

It's easier to think of their GOOD side rather than the bad side... It makes us more patient and semangat when taking care of him..haha..