Thursday, June 26, 2008

It's here!

My books from U.S were delivered via Fedex at about 3.15pm yesterday. I was so excited. They sure deliver fast; no wonder it's so expensive when it comes to shipping. From charging my credit card to delivery it only took 4 days.

After unpacking and checking the contents... I am all satisfied that I invested in this home school program for Reese. I am going to have a great time sharing the many fairy tales, fiction and fun with Reese.

Some may ask why build a personal library when it seems easier and cheaper to simply check books out from the local library. I personally felt that children love to read and read and reread their favourites and they take pleasure in having copies of books that have become their special friends. Also if you have other children then the books become an investment to be passed down to each succeeding child and perhaps even to grandchildren.

I will start the program with Reese after he turns two which means sometime in October. For now, we will just read books suitable for his age and get him interested to listening stories. He is now more willing to listen to my reading and I guess it's because he is able to understand better. This program includes science, social studies, teachings of God and fun games. It also comes with a parent's guide to give you ideas on how to teach your child using the program.

Soon, I will also teach him to say his night time prayers and this home school program inclues 3 wonderful books to teach the very young about God.


Check out the books and games I received!

Bible stories, Noah's Ark and Poems and Prayers for the very young

8 comments:

Mumsgather said...

Wow! Wonderful investment. Did these cost you a bomb?

A gift from God said...

Ah... you didn't read my post on 'First step in home schooling'. The system is USD255.xx. and Shipping is 31% (it depends on how much you buy, it can be as high as 71%) of the total cost. I got it at 31% because I also bought books for my students.So total I pay about USD335 for Reese's set.

Moomykin said...

WOW! That's a lot of books, and a lot of money.

I get from a scholastic booklist from Micah's school. A whole lot cheaper, but of course it's only what's on offer. Also most of the are paperback, not board books, which are really a lot more suitable for younger kids.

Sigh... everything also so expensive these days.

A gift from God said...

Yeah..it's alot of money. Most of the books are hardcover and alot of them you can't get them here. I have tried..haha.. only a few are available here and it's cheaper. What to do... things are expensive....

Mommy Lose Weight said...

wow! so many books! :)

Luke Holzmann said...

As an expectant father, I'm pretty excited about experiencing "box day" for the first time.

Sounds awesome!

~Luke

andrewjune said...

wow...that's really a BIG collection of books there...imported lehhh...and expensive too :-)
but if it's spent on education, i thk it's worth the money cos as you said, we can still pass down the books generation by generation!
keep up the reading spirit :-)
HV A GREAT WEEKEND!

A gift from God said...

Ling,
Yes... it is...and it's only for the one year...

Luke,
Congratulations on your adoption of 3 wonderful kids... and hope to have more insight from you on homeschooling...

June,
It's definitely a good investment.