Friday, June 20, 2008

First step in home schooling


Above are the items for P3/4


I have been wanting to try home schooling for Reese. Reason being our national school is a total let down. Home schooling has been around for many years and this particular one that I came across is good. Testimonies from my student and his mom. It's a lot of hard work on the parents but I think it's totally worth it if you are able to teach your own children.

There are many advantages and disadvantages but I believe if one is able to balance it out and the children are given ample time for sports and activities with other children then it's better than sending our children to school.

Of course, when I express my wish to try home schooling with Reese, most people will tell me that he will be so lonely and no social life! It's not true at all. There are many activities that the child can take part in be it sports or science exploration, computer lessons, nature activities and etc.

I am determine to try for two years. At the same time, will find a play group for him to attend so that he gets to play and interact with other children.

I just purchased our first home schooling core package for P3/4 (3 to 4 years old). I can't wait for it to arrive!!!

Oh, for those of you who wants to know more, you can visit the website: Sonlight. Even if you do not agree with home schooling, on their site, there are a great selection of books that you can try to buy them here (very limited) or you can purchase from them.

The Core package that I bought is about USD255. If you live outside USA, shipping is expensive. It can be up to 77% of your total purchase price. The more you buy the cheaper it gets. The lowest being 31% of your total purchase price.

Description of Core P3/4

Satisfy (and nurture) your toddler's inquisitive hunger...
Fiction, Fairy Tales, and Fun, is a comprehensive collection of children's classic stories, rhymes, fairy tales, picture books, games, sing-alongs, and more, hand selected to fuel your children's imagination and satisfy their hunger to learn.

It includes a book of children's poetry, science books, and an excellent illustrated Bible storybook for children. Sonlight Newcomer™ P3/4 adds over 77 nursery rhymes and sing-alongs on CD, games that build memory and pattern recognition (the only math instruction that's truly needed for ages 3-4 years), and more!


Best of all: Not a single workbook or lesson plan in sight...

Take it easy. Enjoy spontaneous times with your tiny tots as you crack open these timeless treasures and read to your kids. There's no schedule to follow. No items that you have to do. P3/4 is low-stress learning at its best.


I will do a review of the program once I get started!!!! So exited about it....

No comments: