Monday, June 23, 2008

A Gem

Hubby was at work yesterday and I decided not to go to Church. Instead I took Reese and maid to Taman Tun Public Park. I knew about this park for a long time but never bothered to go there and check it out. Wow! What a great surprise. It's huge and it's beautiful. I was told that this park was taken care/belongs to DBKL. There are two parts to the park, one is a kids friendly park and another is for biking, hiking and hill walking... Both were equally crowded. Parking was a problem but I was lucky to find a place in the park's small parking area.

Before this, we used to bring Reese to Lake Gardens. It's in town and it takes about 40 minutes drive. As for TTDI park, it's less than 15 minutes. TTDI park has a big lake with 3 fountains in it. The place has many big trees and the view is just great. I only managed to see probably 1/3 of the place. With Reese around...it's hard to explore. There are so many people there. Alot of families with children both old and young exercising, playing or just simply enjoying the cool morning breeze... it's wonderful.

So what's the gem? Well, there is this little stream along the park that flows to the lake. The stream is just deep enough to cover little feets and thus ideal for even very young children to have some water and sand fun. The water looks clear (may not be the cleanest but it's ok)...and the best part is, along the stream...there are many trees where you can sit below them and enjoy a nice picnic while letting the kids have fun in the stream.... between you and the kids...it's less than 2 meters! I live in the city...how often do you get to play in a stream or river? for me never unless I am willing to drive to the outskirts.... This little stream cannot be compared to a real one...but it's good enough... the kids can even catch some tiny fish.... I saw so many families having picnic by the stream while the kids enjoy playing sand castle and water fun.... it's really a gem... the bonus for me is that ...it's so close by...haha...

I can't wait to take Reese there again... I want to have a picnic there and also let Reese play in the stream... It's a must go place for those of you with kids and stay near TTDI Park. My first impression was that it's better than Lake Gardens.

1 comment:

Ann said...

This was my wedding park!

And JLow goes there too so he told me!

Maybe we can do picnic there sometime. But wasn't the monkeys a nuisance?