Saturday, April 12, 2008

Romance....

Been reading Mummykin and Mumsgather 's blogs about being romantic. As I was reading mummykin's post, I can't help it but smile and keep nodding my head. Yeah.. those were the days.. Ah... how I wish romance is in the air again.... I always say that hubby is not romantic... but thinking back the time when we were courting.... you be the judge... tell me what you think...hehee...

We met on the internet more than 10 years ago. At that time.. online chatting is very new in Malaysia and there were concerns about online friendships. We met on an American chat site and we were probably the only Malaysians there. Was chatting in the public when out of the blue hubby asked.. where are you at if it's 1am in the morning? Ah...and that's when we started chatting. Every night we chat till late... and then being the brave me... I started to make calls... then I started to received cassette tapes with personalized covers and cards and after a year of online friendship.. we met. I think it was close to Christmas and I got a tickle me Elmo from hubby... I knew it was love when he told me that I love you not because of your looks, I don't care whether you are fat... I love YOU as a person. Ah....I melted instantly. There was alot of complications before our meeting but after that... there is no stopping us.

Once we started courting... I knew he is the guy for me, for life... :) We were both poor.. literally. He rides a motorbike and I was always terrified... hehehe... how it hurts my butt if we travel very far on the bike or how we both smelled of dust after a ride...In our 10 years together.. I can count on my fingers how many times he bought me flowers...but the first time..it was memorable... he went to Petaling street and got me some flowers... it was not the nicest bouquet but good enough... he is a very sweet guy...attentive to my every need.

He proposed to me at Lafitte, Shangrila (spelling?) with a nice little diamond ring. It was a wonderful experience.. I remembered during the dinner... he held my hands and said a prayer and through that prayer he ask me to marry him.... *wink* romantic right?

On my 29th birthday... he surprised me with a beautiful card that he made. It says.. Happy birthday Ah Girl..... :)

When I was pregnant.... he will give me massages, serve me like a maid too! I LOVE my husband. Oh...the best part...during labour... he would hold my hand sooooooo tight and squeezes it whenever the midwife ask me to push... he would do the breathing exercise with me... it was really funny... he kept saying....
"Girl... push....ooowsh...oowsh....pushhhhh....ooowsh...ooowsh..." even thou I was in pain and tired... I managed to laugh at him and told him to calm down..haha.

Sad to say... after Reese was born.... romance was no longer in the air.... instead...we became very practical... always tired, stressed at times.... I am a person who constantly needs to be held, touched, hugged, kissed.... but looks like I am the one doing it...he is very woodenLAH... but I think I will definitely look into ways to bring the romance back.... I miss those time...but..at times it just feels weird...like one of the mummy blogger commented.. It's weird to be romantic again..haha....

I have tried hugging hubby and kissing him in front of Reese... hoping Reese will learn to kiss us! Reese will just look at us blankly...or just smile but it's ok...it feels good.

Whenever we are close, we will touch each other in little ways like rubbing our fingers together, holding hands, little massages.... I am working on it....

We need to invest in our relationship for our children will leave us to have their own life one day.

6 comments:

Moomykin said...

Ooh. I love love stories, more from real people than story books.

I must say this:
It was a man who told me this after he told me of he and his wife's love story. He said,...

"We should always tell our love stories when people ask, especially the men, so that we do not forget why we are with our wives." Good one eh?

Anyway, keep working at it. We are all changing all the time, and if we don't keep up with our spouse we might wake up with a "stranger" in bed one day.

A gift from God said...

Ohh.. not giving up...actually we didn't really try to start the potty training... I haven't even make Reese his drum!!! See... I am just lazy...

Wah.. that is a good one....telling love story ah...

Yeah... I am working on it..but it's very tiring too..sometimes... you just don't have the mood to do so... work...take care of Reese...at the end of the day... I will be dead tired... When Reese goes to bed... 90% of the time I will sleep too...and that left hubby alone... I felt really bad..but I am just too tired...trying to stay up late...

Baby Darren said...

wah...a very romantic love story...

Whenever Darren sees us hugging each other or touching each other, he will want a share too. He will come in between us and imitate what we do. It's so nice that he wants to be part of US.

A gift from God said...

SL,

Ah..at least he knows how to share a kiss or hug...my boy still don't know... :)

Ann said...

I LOVE your proposal! Brought a teaer to my eye! So romantic...

But it still feels weird to me bring romantic with hubby. Normally I will just manja manja a bit but doesn't last long!

Reckon have to bring the ACTION back and not just manja manja only! hehehe (wink*)

Mumsgather said...

My hubby is not romantic but he is loving so I can't complain. Hehe.