Friday, April 25, 2008

The real thing vs toy
During my recent visit to Penang... hubby and I had a chance to shop. We were talking about drums and then somehow we walked into a music instrument shop. I was curious to find out how much a real drum would cost. We had the impression that real instrument will be much more expensive which is true. But.... we saw this single drum with some African motifs... It's only RM50!!!! gosh..that's quite cheap considering it's a real drum with real sound and it's big too!!!! Then we saw a really small guitar (actually it was a ukelele)...guess how much? It's RM50!!! Next we went to check out drum sticks.... It's only RM9.90! then the percussions... triangle for RM15, shakers less than RM20 and bells... RM9.90.... I consider these things cheap as compared to toy music instruments!
A set of percussion including a tamborine is about RM79.90. It's made of wood..so it's safe for kids. The toy set from Fun Years cost Rm59.90. It's all plastic with lousy sound... Don't you think it's a bargain to get the real stuff for an extra RM20?
So mummies and daddies... before you buy the toy version... go check out the real thing at music instrument shop!! Definately more worth it. :)

7 comments:

andrewjune said...

where did you find these in pg?
hehehe dont mind sharing with me
:-)

A gift from God said...

I guess any music instrument stall will sell. I found it at Queen's bay mall. Yamaha music shop. :)

Baby Darren said...

tempted to get it for Reese??? Glad you can hold on the temptation of buying it...hehehe.... it's sure quite a good buy, considering it is not a toy and a real musical instrument.

A gift from God said...

Soo Li,

Very difficult to not buy it... I told hubby... I will get him the drum for his birthday! :) I don't think I will make the drum...tooo lazylah..

Moomykin said...

Oh, I totally agree about that when it comes to musical instrument. The sound is very important.

Try getting a recorder or harmonica. :)

Ann said...

Was wondering....so did you get any?

A gift from God said...

Kathie,

I think Reese is not ready for a recorder or harmonica yet... :)

Ann,

Well, very tempted to...but... I am still holding on to my promise..hhee. not sure how long thou..