Sunday, January 30, 2011

Our First Lapbooking Experience


We have started our homeschooling lessons. I just couldn't wait till Monday! We did some reading for both the core subjects and science. As for our read-aloud sessions, we started on 'The Boxcar Children'. It is a chapter book with very few illustrations. At first I was a little doubtful whether Reese would understand and enjoy the book. After all, we live in Malaysia and has a vastly different culture and environment as compared to America. Boy! was I surprised. Reese understood the chapters I read and actually asked for more.We are reading 1-2 chapters a day.

Yesterday night I started to research on lapbooking as part of our homeschooling experience. After an hour or so, I have roughly drafted our first lapbook's contents. We are incorporating our lessons from Sonlight on Creation (Readers 2 Regular) and Science (Grade K). Reese started reading The Beginner's bible and naturally Creation will be an important topic for him to remember. So for a start, we did a table with flaps on creation. I prepared the basic materials and Reese pasted, did some cutting and labeled all the necessary pictures.

He really enjoyed the lesson. After completing it, he proudly show it to daddy!

A table on creation

Simple flaps for some fun

He wrote the text with my help in spelling

I wish I had a colored printer! It would be so much more interesting with colors.

No comments: