Monday, January 10, 2011

Guns!


Reese started to use bamboo/plastic sticks as guns. He will pretend to go hunting, shooting at me and at things with sound effect. So I told the daddy about it and suggested we get him a toy gun some 2 months ago. Daddy said NO. Doesn't want to promote violence and the possibility of Reese becoming more naughty were his reasons. I didn't think of it that way but I agreed anyway.

So indirectly I tried to persuade hubby to reconsider and sometime in December, while shopping for Reese's Christmas presents, we bought a toy gun (Nerf series) by Hasbro. What do you know, Reese was delighted and had a blast with his daddy playing with the gun. Then daddy got 'Shiok' and said he needed to get another 1 or 2 to play shooting games with Reese. So I ended up buying another 2 guns that came with vests and glasses! There were no violence at all, we taught him to shoot targets and it was fun. At times, we were seen running around the house shooting each other and all of us will be shouting, laughing and giggling. :)


No comments: