Thursday, May 17, 2007


Finally....

My dearest son is eating the 'main course' I made. Yes!
After a few failed attempt to tempt his taste bud... I finally succeed!
So what does he take that is home made?

Organic Vegetables with Fish
1 medium carrot
1 big potato
1 small portion of pumpkin (about the size of a potato)
1 sweet corn (just the corn without the cob)
1 piece 2" x 2" fish fillet cube (Ma Yau)

Cut all the vegetables into small cubes but not too small. We want to retain as much vitamins and minerals as possible. Then place all of it into a plate and place the fish on top of the vegetables. Add a little bit of water and have it steam for about 20 to 30 minutes or when the vegetables are soft. Let it cool and then blend it. It's yummy.
The above can make about 4 full small little plastic bowls like the picture above. For my son, each bowl is sufficient for 3 meals. I will mix a portion of it with rice cereal and milk then feed it to him. He seems to like it. :)

If your child doesn't like cereal then mix it with cooked rice or even plain crackers. It's really nice. It's one way to get them to eat vegetables.

In my opinion, it's probably a healtier alternative to porridge. I don't understand why all asian babies must eat porridge (cooked over 3 hours...the longer the better). Where is all the nuitrient when it's cooked for so long?

As for dessert, I will make apple sauce or pear sauce for Reese. It's very easy to make. Just cut up two apples (any variety)/pears into cubes and have it steam for about 20 to 30 minutes or when it's soft. Then let it cool and blend it by adding a little bit of water. Two apples will give me about 4 half plastic bowls.

I will be experimenting with other new recipe and will let you know.

By the way, it's alright to freeze fresh baby food.

No comments: