Saturday, May 23, 2009

Second night...

Ah... it's 4.35am. I can't sleep. Reese woke up and ask for milk a second time in less than 2 hours. Daddy gave him a diluted bottle and he had no complain the first time. Finished and went back to sleep. Just now he woke up and whine and wanted to kick and shout...but I gently spoke to him and told him that there is no more milk till the sun comes up in the morning. He repeated the 'Milk not open yet' and 'now is night time'....After 5 minutes of persuading, he finally fell asleep. Phew! At least he accepted that.

Yesterday night again before bedtime I told him that he cannot behave badly and there will be no milk until the next morning when the sun comes up. He asked for a second bottle before he slept and I told him no more milk. Eventually he fell asleep. I told him if he misbehave mummy will be angry and daddy will put him in a room. I think after a few episodes of being put in a room or outside the apartment door... he is somewhat afraid of the consequences.

Tomorrow night, I will do the same routine again, only one night feed with very diluted milk and if it goes well, will take away the night feed and see what happens.

1 comment:

MommyAngel said...

Keep up the good work, I can sense that your mid night waking and sleepless night will be end soon!!! Kambateh!!! Just couple of nights more .......