Thursday, May 07, 2009

Great Children Music CDs


Over the past two years, I had come across many children music ranging from rhymes to popular children songs but was never really satisfied with the quality of the singing until I discovered Wee Sing Nursery Rhymes and Lullabies. It came with Reese's homeschooling program. At first I find it quite irritating because it not only contains songs but also a story to go with them. After listening to it for sometime, I began to love it. Reese learned alot of songs and rhymes from this CD. He will listen to it during our daily car ride. If you chance upon it, you should get it. It's wonderful. Recently I got another Wee Sing title: Animals, Animals, Animals (RM34+) from Kinokuniya at KLCC. This is a fun CD where all the songs and poems are about animals! This CD also includes fingerplays. I love it. Reese learns about animals from the sounds they make to some of their behaviours too. It's really a wonderful collection. Another great thing about Wee Sing is that it comes with a book that has basic musical notes and lyrics to each song in the CD.

About two weeks ago, I bought another 4 Wee Sing titles from U.S. and is waiting for it to arrive! Sad to say I can only find Wee Sing titles in Kinokuniya but the CD that I bought from them a sometime back was the last copy and I am not sure whether they will bring in more so I had to order from U.S. You can buy Wee Sing titles from www.christianbook.com (Highly recommended) where you get to enjoy great discounts too (after shipping charges, the CDs are still cheaper than here) and don't buy from amazon.com! their shipping is expensive and no discount.

I bought Wee Sing Around The World (they even have a song from Malaysia:Pok Amoi Amoi), Wee Sing Bible Songs I & II and Wee Sing Silly Songs. You can check out more titles at www.weesing.com. I also bought some books from christianbook.com for below USD1 each... Will tell you more once I got my CDs and books! Just can't wait....

No comments: