Thursday, May 07, 2009

Reese can spell!

My son can spell!

I was kinda surprised. I know he can read 3 letter words but spelling was not expected until I discovered his ability to do so a few days back. We were sitting casually in front of the Mac when Reese said he wanted to go to starfall.com. So we went and browse the Learn to Read section (He has graduated from ABCs section). We play the spelling game of 3 letter words by matching the alphabets. We have done this a few times a few weeks back. I am always the one that did the matching, this time Reese wanted to do it and surprise surprise.... he match all of them from 'at' to 'ug' combination. Then I thought could it be just from memory? Can't be, there were over 36 words to match and he did everyone correctly and so much so...he finds it boring just doing that..so now.. he will purposely take the wrong alphabet to match the word so that he can have a good laugh when the computer rejects the alphabet with a funny sound! So when I ask for the correct alphabet..he will promptly match it for me.

Ah... I am so proud of my boy. He is sure a fast learner. Hehehe....

**I have stop doing reading with him for a while because I have been busy and lazy. Maybe it's time to start again and do something fun with him.

1 comment:

Blessed mum said...

I'm sure you are proud of him! Amazing that his achievement at such tender age!

Seems like your home-schooling work.