Monday, November 17, 2008

New Maid


Huh? She has arrived? Really? Oh... *shock*

That was my reaction when the agency called me just now to inform me that my new maid is here. It's less than 1 month from the date I put in my application request! Wow!

Initially they told me that it takes about 2 months and we had to crack our heads as to how to make sure Reese has someone able to take care of him during the two months. So the only solution was hubby's very healthy parents from Penang. After explaining to them our situation..they readily agreed to come down to take care of Reese for a month or so until the new maid comes. They came last Friday night and it's barely 1 week and my new maid is here! Hahaha....
We even invested on a new washing machine and dryer and a 2 seater sofa bed for my in-laws thinking that they need comfortable accomodation!!! and my new maid is here!

After my experience with the first maid, I have noted some dos and don'ts and lay down some rules for the new maid... haven't even started on that yet and she is here!! Gosh... I am so not prepared!

We are going to send off our old maid this Wednesday and at the same time bringing home our new maid....

I am anxious... worried... will this new maid going to be worth paying the extra and that she will get along well with hubby and Reese. Is she going to be an honest and hard working maid? Is she going to be friendly? What are her expectations? So excited also....

4 comments:

Blessed mum said...

its the same for the new maid..she has the same worries too...

I always believe that if we treat them nice, they will treat us nice too..afterall, they are here to earn $ not to make their life miserable..

All the best to you and your new maid!

andrewjune said...

didnt know you had a maid all this time...wow, such a lucky wife...wish i had one too!

Mumsgather said...

I agree with blessed mum. If you treat them nice, the rest should fall in place.

A gift from God said...

Oh...I always treat my maid well. I mean... I have never scolded my old maid of two years...can you believe it? the most...I will just tell her what went wrong and all...hehehe... I think I am too 'lembek'.... Need to be a bit firm... my hubby always thinks that my maid bullies me!