Monday, November 24, 2008

Busy busy busy...


Phew! I was so busy the last week and no time to blog, actually... too tired to blog. :)

First my in-laws came then a few days later my new maid came. I was so busy running around preparing for my old maid to go home and prepare for the new maid to settle in and at the same time had to make sure my in-laws are comfortable at our home.

Thank God everything is in order now. In-laws are happy and comfortable, old maid went home to Indonesia ( We had tears in our eyes when we bid goodbye...), new maid came and somewhat settling into a routine. I am happy with her so far. Very petite and has a pleasant personality. She is young and seems to know how to do house work reasonably well. Not sure why, I am very comfortable with her and have no worries that she will run away. In fact, just barely one week I left her alone at home with the house key. When we came back and she was still there... :)

Only problem is she has no experience with young children and couldn't handle Reese alone when it comes to changing his diapers! Well, just need to train her. At the moment, alot of training involved when it comes to taking care of Reese. She is learning English to communicate with Reese and surprisingly, Reese likes her even from day 1. That is good.

So far so good, I just hope she is going to be a good, honest and patient maid. I have been constantly asking her whether she is comfortable with us and she seems happy. She also knows how to keep herself busy and she sleeps at 10pm!! Hehehe....

Oh.... and to reward myself, I bought a new Nokia N85 mobile! My first smart phone. My previous phone lasted more than 5 years and it's beginning to fail...so time for a new mobile....

Reese is getting more demanding also and talks more and more in proper sentences too!

So many changes this month.... My plate is so full right now....ha ha ha...

Oh...did I tell you that hubby and I managed to go out for supper and really enjoyed it. The last time we went out at night for supper was more than 1 year ago! It's nice to have my in-laws around so that we can have some couple time.

One word to sum up my current feeling - Happy

3 comments:

Mumsgather said...

Wow. You are very trusting. Just one week and you leave her at home alone with the keys. I'm afraid that I can't let my guard down enough to do that so the maid goes everywhere with us. I've seen my neighbour's maid let in her friend (another Indon maid) into the house when her employer is out. What if she starts letting men into the house? Construction workers, security guards doing ronda, etc. I can't let my guard enough to leave it down to that chance, slim though it may be.

A gift from God said...

mumsgather,

I am actually gambling here..haha.. I mean.. sooner or later... we will have to try to let her stay alone and see what happens right? There is no gurantee that she won't run after a year of service...so better know now then later.

We stay in a condo and on my floor, there are no maids! and I specifically told her that she is not allowed to mingle or talk to strangers.

So far so good. My logic is this, if she runs...run now and we get another replacement...we have 3 months for that as guranteed by the agency. :)

Anyway... I doubt she is the running type, she is being paid Rm650 a month (the highest salary for an indo through an agency).

No matter how good they are and earned your trust..if they have plans to run... there is no way you can prevent it. It's your luck.

Leona said...

Glad to hear that you are a happy mummy!! Yeah, the most important thing is you liking the maid and 'ngam' with her personality and outward appearance...followed by her work performance of course. I am sure that has taken a huge burden off your shoulders.