Thursday, November 13, 2008

My Po Po (Maternal Grandma)

She is a socialite. She is a star in her own right. She co-owns a Karaoke (Senior Citizen) with her god brother. She is a teacher and she can sing! :)

She is affectionate, motherly and loud.

She is also fierce but when it comes to me, it is at least 100% less fierce.

She loves me dearly from the day I was born, she held me closely to her bosom and gave me kisses.

She commented that I look alot like mummy.

Every now and then, she would just stare at me and see mummy in me.

Just like Gong Gong, she helps take care of me. Mostly on my comfort, food and sleep while mummy is at work.

At times, even now she would take naps with me. Pat me and play with me.

Po Po loves to hug and kiss me and most of the time, I will avoid at all cost. :)

She has a secret weapon that used to work very well when she wants to get me to play with her, take my nap, change my diapers. Do you know what that is? It's her mobile phone!

Now I am smarter, I will only go to her for multimedia clips on her mobile!! He he he...

When I was an infant, Po Po used to fuss around me making sure I am taking proper nutritious food, enough sleep, not too hot, not too cold, not sweaty....

She took care of mummy after we came to stay with them for 1.5 months on my second month birthday. Mummy had a break from taking care of me, I mean it was hard work considering she was fully breastfeeding me and did not have a proper confinement. It was tough for mummy. During the stay, Po Po would get up in the middle of the night to care for me and allow mummy to rest.

Po Po is fierce but I love her. She do slap (not very painful) my hands when I get out of control or scolds me but I still love her. Now that I am older, she and Gong Gong would take me out for yummy lunches and car rides. :)

I love you Po Po.

** Have I told you about my Ye Ye ( Maternal Aunt)? Will tell you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Moomykin said...

Grandparents are such plus factors in our kids' lives. :)

So glad that your parents are so involved. :)