Monday, January 12, 2009

'Tung Tung Chang'

Dancing to the beat of 'tung tung chang' 

Chinese New Year is fast approaching.... are you prepared to welcome the Chinese New Year? I remembered when I was young, CNY was one of my favourite time simply because you get to see your cousins, wear new clothes, lot's of good food and receiving 'ang pows' (Red packets with money). As an adult, it's not that fun anymore. The festive mood is just not there. Before the arrival of Reese, CNY is just another holiday for us to rest. Hehehe....

Now that we have Reese, we have to make sure he enjoys CNY so that he won't forget his roots. We are too westernized and tends to ignore anything Chinese. As Reese grows... I hope I can share with him what little knowledge I have about Chinese customs and history.

We already bought alot of new year clothes for Reese and getting ready some ang pow packets and money to celebrate CNY in Penang with my in-laws. Another long break for all of us and more nasi kandar and banana leaf rice for us! Hooray....

Ah... today is playgroup day for Reese....got to go get ready.




3 comments:

Mumsgather said...

Same sentiments exactly. Wow! Your angpow is ready too?

A gift from God said...

Mumsgather,

Have to be ready isn't it? Usually I will ask my aunt's secretary to change new notes for us... so we don't have to go to the bank! :)

andrewjune said...

i'm guessing you guys are ready for a trip back to penang again! enjoy your CNY in pg :-)