Friday, January 23, 2009

Happy Chinese New Year!!

Ah... even though I mentioned before that CNY is just another holiday, while packing our luggage yesterday night, I got a little excited. We will be travelling tomorrow morning at 4am to Penang and will be back in town next Wednesday. I am excited to see my son wear a traditional Chinese 'sam fu' and the fun of going around collecting 'ang pows' from relatives and friends.
I am happy that my dad is out of the hospital even though he is still weak. Can't wait to celebrate CNY with him and family when we come back next week. So now I am prepared to gain a few kgs in the next one week! It's all about good food and meeting up with relatives and catching up with people whom we don't see much. :)

So happy Chinese New Year to all my readers and thank you for your support!!

Gong Xi Fa Chai! (Mandarin)
Gong Hei Fatt Choi! (Cantonese)
Gong Hi Huat Chai (Hokkien)

Ah... I love being a Malaysian Chinese, we not only speak multi languages but when it comes to Chinese... we also pick up many Chinese dialects!

6 comments:

andrewjune said...

here's wishing you & your family “Gong Xi Fa Cai ~ Wan She Ru Yi”

May the year of the Ox brings good luck, prosperity & most of all good health.

Blessed mum said...

Wishing you and your family a blessed Lunar New year!

Leona said...

Have a fab time in Penang...
Remember to drop by padang brown to eat their crab popiah. delicious!
Gong xi gong xi gong xi ni!

Moomykin said...

Gong Xi Fa Chai!

Have a good holiday and a safe trip.

Blessed mum said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Baby Darren said...

Happy New Year to your and ur family!! Show us lots of pictures when u are back ok?