Thursday, July 10, 2008

Down with Fever

Reese is down with fever since Monday. Highest recorded temperature was 38.4 c. Fever comes and go and he didn't eat much. Today is the 3rd day. Could it be due to teething? Should I take him to the doc? Been giving him paracetamol and he is still his usual self, running all over the house and playing. Hubby took leave to babysit him today. My mom kept asking me to take him to the doc but I felt it's not necessary unless it's really high fever. Reese's highest was 38.4c and that also lasted for a short time...and the fever will go down to about 37.6c or so. He was still his usual self. I will wait till later today before taking him to the doc. Mummies...what do you do when your child has fever? Do you immediately take your child to the doc?

7 comments:

Mommy Lose Weight said...

if it's the 3rd day already, I would suggest to see a GP. Usually a fever not able to subside after a few days, means somewhere in the body system is having an infection. Whether is teething or throat infection, it would be better to consult a profesional, rather than self-medicate.

Ann said...

If it gets that high, I take him to the doctor. If I don't agree with the medication that is a different story but I will want a thorough checkup first before deciding!

Hope Reese feels better soon.

Blessed mum said...

Agrees with Ling. That's exactly what my GP said too.

GP gave me some fever medicine at home for stand-by but told that if fever does not subside by 3rd day to bring down for detail check.

wallpapersdeco said...

hi have a nice day.. looking for wallpapers for your house? or your friends/relative interested, visit my blog! thanks

A gift from God said...

Dear mummies,

Reese has recovered. Actually...after he woke up in the morning yesterday.. his fever was gone...:)

I wanted to take him to the doc if the fever persist..but luckily... he was ok...phew.... started to eat normal again.

andrewjune said...

glad to know lil reese is well by now...

Leona said...

it is such a joy when your child recovers.. I am sure you are very elated and relieved.