Sunday, December 02, 2012

Time to rest...

It's the end of the year! I finally have a break from work. December is my favourite month of the year because I almost have no WORK! I haven't been writing much because I was too busy running around dealing with Reese's art, the selling of our condo and also buying of a new home for ourselves and not to forget work. 

Since The Star published an article about Reese's art, we have had quite an eventful time with Reese's art being on display at the recent Gifted Education at the Australian International School and also Children for Child Protection Event at KL Convention Centre. As Reese's mom, I had a chance to be on 2 radio programs and even on the panel at the gifted conference to give my views raising a gifted child. 

All the running around juggling everything was indeed tiring. I want my peaceful life back. Frankly, didn't like the attention but for Reese's sick, I will have to continue on. Next year will be an exciting year for us. Reese will have his first solo exhibition soon... I am so excited about this and we will donate two pieces of Reese's work for charity auction to help the needy. We will also be renovating and moving to our new home, so can't wait to start hunting for renovation stuff and decorating it... what's more exciting is that we will finally for a small garden! I want to start a small vegetable patch and grow our own herbs... and perhaps some vegetables... 

For now, I just want some rest from all the hustle and bustle, meet up with a few mummies who wanted to know more about homeschooling and catch up on Reese's homeschooling work. 

We are going to Singapore this Saturday! Haven't been there for a few years. Looking forward to it and this time we are going to utilise our time there to the max! Ah.... can't wait for the break...   


Gifted Education Conference



Children for Child Protection Event at KLCC

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Hi there, I'm Melissa and I blog here - melandsham.blogspot.com. I have a 3 yr old and a 3 mth I would love to homeschool. Where will you be meeting interested mums that you mentioned in this post? Can I come? I live in Hartamas. Kindly email me if its okay for me to come@ melannpereira@yahoo.com