Saturday, August 07, 2010

A Veteran Mom...

I think after raising a child for almost 4 years I can call myself a veteran mom. :)

Why do I said that? Well, you see... whenever I observe a new mother tending to her baby or young child, it brought back all the great memories of me doing the same. Always very protective of the child, trying hard to be the cleanest, every little wimp or demand coming from the child will be immediately attended to and etc.... After witnessing these little actions from them, I can sit back and laugh a little. :)

Now as a veteran mom, I refused to be tricked by my own child. I no longer tried to be a clean freak. It is alright for Reese to be a little dirty. Time for him to learn to care a little more over his own hygiene.

I no longer give in to every demand coming from him. It's ok if he doesn't get everything done his way. It's ok for him to whine and cry.

I refuse to be over protective. He needs to learn to fend for himself sometimes.

I scold and punish when necessary. I no longer felt bad for doing so. He needs to learn to obey. There are rules that need to be adhered to.

I try to teach him some independence. My baby is no longer a baby.

I have also learned to say NO to my child.

I love being a mother.



No comments: