Friday, October 10, 2008

Maid

Ah.... my maid is going back next month and last week we found a new one that looks ok. Didn't know there are a few agencies that actually have online services. It's such a convenience. I selected my maid online. They have all the biodata of the available maids online. Isn't that cool?

My current maid is our first maid. She is Indonesian, age 36, Muslim, separated and has two sons. Initially we found her lack of manners and not very honest when it comes to work. After some counseling and some very honest chats with her every now and then, she was ok.

She is reliable in the sense that when I instruct her to get things done, it will be done. Of course there are times when she is 'too smart'. :) One thing I like about her is she is a very hygienic person. She takes bath twice a day and when at my mom's place, she will change her clothes twice... generally very clean.

Oh, and she adores my son. Takes good care of him and very patient with him. In general I am satisfied with her. I can rely on her to get things done. Having said that, of course we have to close an eye when it comes to certain things but it's ok... I can take it.

Too bad, hubby doesn't like her at all. He has his reasons, maybe I am more patient and have high level of tolerance. Hehehe....

So at the moment, we are worried.... not sure whether the new maid is going to be ok or not. :(
Our new maid is a Christian, age 25, worked in Malaysia for 6 years and she is single. Her pay is going to be higher than the usual Indonesian maid because of her experience. Her asking pay is RM650 a month. Agency fees alone is RM4415 and we have to pay 7 months in advance for the maid's salary. So it's a whopping RM8965.

We hope by paying more we will get a good maid. Really have to pray hard on this. I always believe if you treat your maid well, in return, she will be happy and thus performs better. Afterall, they are human beings....

Oh, I hope Reese will get along with the new maid and that she will love Reese. We will have no maid for a month, so thank God for my parents in law. They will come and take care of Reese until the new maid arrives. My dad alone is not able to take care of Reese due to his weak heart and lack of mobility of his hands and my mom is mostly out busy with her business and I have to work! Ah.... hope everything will be ok.....



6 comments:

Ann said...

A whopping amount indeed !!!
Prayerfully, she will be good with Reese!

Leona said...

The important thing is that she is honest and good with Reese... keeping fingers crossed!

Moomykin said...

Wow! I didn't know it costs so much to get a maid these days. The last one we engaged one, which was at my mom's before I got married, was 10 years ago.

Yes, will pray you have good help. That's the most important thing.

A gift from God said...

Mummies,

I am praying hard that I will have a good maid, I consider myself fortunate that my first maid is ok... not having to worry about her running away...

Meekfreek said...

Wow...that's more expensive than in Singapore. Getting a new maid is scary. I hope you will be blessed with a good maid :)

A gift from God said...

Hi meekfreek,

For a fresh indonesian maid, meaning no experience... her pay is RM550. Agency fees is the same. I also hope I am getting a good one.... really praying hard. :)