Saturday, April 30, 2011

5 hours of waiting.....

Yesterday I woke up at 5am. Hubby and I were contemplating whether to buy Ipad2 online when it opens for sale at 1am on 29th of April or we should go to a Machines store to get them. So the crazy me decided to go queue and buy! We were monitoring the queues at various outlets of Machines on Facebook and as of 5am (29th of April) the queue was around 20+. So at about 6.30am, I left house and headed for MidValley. When I reached the queue, there were about 50+ people ahead of me. So I waited 5 hours and went home with 2 Ipad2s. This was the first time I actually queued up for so long to purchase something. The whole experience was not too bad. Sat on the floor (pins and needles after a while!), played Ipod(Got bored after sometime), chit chat with a couple next to me, sms hubby and finally walking into the store and pay for my products!
Now hubby has his own Ipad and Reese has one. No more fighting!

This is only half the queue at 9.30am, when I left around 11+, the queue has grown to a few hundred. All Ipad2s were sold out in a few hours.

Order cards that were given to each customer before entering the store. Once you make up your mind on the Ipads, no exchange is allowed. Each customer is only allowed to buy 2.

The first hundred customer were given a goodie bag. T-shirt, notepad and a bottle of water.

2 comments:

Baby Darren said...

2 ipads??? WOW....I want one too...hehehe...Lucky Reese...

A gift from God said...

Baby Darren,

Daddy needs one for work...so got to get another one for Reese and mummy to use!