Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Going to School Soon!

Ah... hard to believe that Reese will be attending school next week! Somehow I am not all excited like many parents do when their child first go to school! Mmmm... I need to get him a small bag to put in extra clothes, hanky, water bottle and perhaps some after school snacks.

So far, I merely mentioned to Reese that he will be going to playgroup school with new friends to play with. Will see his favourite teachers there. I told him now he is a big boy and will graduate to school. :) Didn't tell him that mummy won't be around with him but I am confident that he will be more than happy to play with his new friends and not missing mummy for 3 hours, 4 times a week. My decision to send him to playgroup school is so that he has friends to play with and not so much of academic learning. I will continue to homeschool him and hope I will do a good job! :)

Next year homeschooling will be slightly more intense with Reese using Sonlight P4-5 (Explore God's World). I think Reese is ready for slightly more academic learning. Planning to start him on hand writing (Hand Writing Without Tears series), more advance reading and math (Singapore math). I am lousy at arts and craft. Will have to work on that. Oh... will also start him on some music lessons once he is settled in school.

Anyway... 2010 is going to be a great year of learning for both Reese and me! Amen!


2 comments:

LittleLamb said...

He is going to half day school and another half day u r home schooling him??

Luke Holzmann said...

Looking forward to hearing more about how 2010 goes for you and Reese!

~Luke