Wednesday, December 01, 2010

My Ambition is.....

About 2 weeks ago, while playing with Reese, I asked him what he wanted to be when he becomes an adult. He very confidently told me he wanted to be a teacher like me! :)

A few days ago, my father-in-law told me Reese wanted to be a teacher like me. He wanted to teach children.

My son is growing up.....

I vow to be a parent that will allow my child to choose his career without much interference. As long as he is happy and enjoys his work and able to support himself then it is good enough. I don't need him to be a professional or a successful business man. I want him to enjoy his life and perhaps able to contribute to society in a meaningful way.

5 comments:

Mumsgather said...

My boy can't make up his mind whether he wants to be a builder or a diamond miner. He thinks that either one would make him very rich so that he can buy a bigger house with a big compound to run about and keep a dog too. lol.

A gift from God said...

mumsgather,

Your boy sure knows what he wants eh? a really good life...hehehe..

Moomykin said...

That's good...so good.

My boys wanted to go to Jedi school, but since Jedi is only fictional, they now want to go to Kung-fu school and be Kung-fu master, then go back to their school and teach all their classmates how to do kung-fu.
@:P

Unknown said...

That's so sweet. You know, I never thought of things in this way, but these days we are living in such an evil distorted world. It's challenging enough to just keep out kids well grounded, religiously and morally so they stay out of trouble ie drugs, prostitution, bad hats...

A gift from God said...

Moomykin,

Kung Fu School is cool...hahaha

Irene,
We have to be careful in raising up our kids.... balance is the key. The world is getting too crazy.... We have a very tough journey ahead...