Friday, May 27, 2011

Mapping Activities


Recently I started mapping activities as part of our schooling. I wasn't sure whether Reese will show any interest in it. When we read the bible and doing geography and history, there were many mapping activities which I omitted thinking it unnecessary and meaningless for a young child. Well, kinda wrong. :)



Reese liked it. So in one sitting, we mapped out Egypt (Ancient Egypt), Italy (Ancient Rome), Sweden, Denmark, Norway (Vikings), China (Ancient China), Russia (Little Eistein Cartoon), England (Medieval Period). We also labeled the 7 continents and the 5 oceans.

Honestly, I don't know the exact location of most of these places. So I am learning myself. Hahaha...

2 comments:

Luke Holzmann said...

That is one of the beauties of homeschooling: We can (re)learn things with our children [smile].

~Luke

A gift from God said...

Yes Luke, I am learning so much.... we are both enjoying the lessons very much especially Science.