Thursday, June 25, 2009

Book Review: God I Need to Talk to You about...


I bought this series for only $0.69USD each when you purchase above 10 books (www.chistianbook.com) and some postage. They are little books written through a child's eyes and words! Delightfully illustrated, these stories deal with concerns youngsters encounter in their daily lives. Each book points out the Good News of God's love and forgiveness, while the supporting Scripture verse emphasizes the point of each story.

Tittles in this series : Bad temper, Bad Words, Bullying, Disrespect, Greed, Hurting Others, Laziness, Lying, My Bad Temper, Sharing, Stealing, Vandalism, Whining, Being a Bad Sport, Cheating and Pay Attention.

.....................................................................................................


An excerpt from God, I Need to Talk to You about Sharing:

Dear God,
Today I had a bag of candy and I ate it all myself. I would not give any to my sister or my little brother or to my parents.

Yesterday, I had a bag of popcorn at the movies and I did not share any with my friends. (Give to everyone who asks you. Luke 6:30)

Today, God, I learned a lesson. My friends were playing ball. I wanted to play too, but they would not share the ball.

I went home. My brother and sister and parents were eating a big bowl of popcorn. They would not share it. (Sometimes it takes a painful experience to make us change our ways. Proverbs 20:30TEV)

I felt lonely. I felt angry. I sat on my back stairs.
.....................................................................................................

I don't know how well these books are going to teach Reese on daily issues but I like them. They are short and simple enough for a child to see the kind of situations they may be in and the consequences of their actions. When Reese is much older, I hope these books will be good for him. :)

No comments: