Thursday, December 11, 2008

Proper Homeschooling


For the past couple of months I did informal home schooling with Reese. I think he is ready for proper learning. He can be reason with, he can understand instructions and he has a longer attention span. He is ready for more active learning.

I am all excited to fix a schedule where I will do specific things with him at least 3 times a week. I am going to enroll him to 2 different playgroups. One run by a church and another by the British Women Association. Both playgroups offer different environment and Reese gets to meet different types of toddlers. It's going to be fun. If time permits, I might also enroll him in Gymboree too. I have checked their play/music/art syllabus. It's quite fun and I get to participate with him too. This way, Reese gets to socialize with other children at least twice a week for two hours. I get to spend quality time with him and probably share experiences with other parents too.

I will be reducing my work commitment so that I have ample time to homeschool Reese. I want Reese to have a balance when it comes to learning, at his age it's all about play and play and more play. That's how toddlers learn. I want him to have alot of fun! I want him to enjoy learning. It's going to be a blast!! Can't wait to start in January/February.

I need to stock up on colour paper, art and craft stuff, stationary........ got to prepare alot of things.... I am so excited.... hehehehe.....

I hope Reese is an easy child to teach.... hehehe.... so far he is a quick learner but not sure when it comes to later stages where academic stuff comes in..... really have to pray hard about it. Oh I really hope I can home school him successfully... I have 3 years to try it out. I need to be discipline, consistent, informative and resourceful and most of all be determine and pray hard for it to be a success!!!

What about you? what's for the new year for your little ones or not so little ones?

No comments: