Monday, February 18, 2008

Reese refused to eat his food!
Mmm..... finally... at 1 year 4 months and 17 days, Reese finally rejected his blended vege/fish with cereal and milk food. That means... I will have to really cook his meals for him. It also means a change in routine for me again and definately more work involved in food preparation but I am excited!! Already cracking my head what kind of meals I am going to serve my little king. Something yummy and nutritious as well. Not going to be easy...at least at the beginning... hehe..
Last night.. at about 9.40pm... I cooked pasta sauce for Reese. Today he is going to have pasta for lunch and dinner. What's in my pasta sauce?
Fish with tomato sauce pasta
1/4 onion
1/3 carrot
1 stick of celery
1 can of tomato paste/puree
a pinch of salt
a pinch of basil
a tea spoon of butter
a tea spoon of olive oil
a pinch of oregano
a piece of Kurau fish (marinate with salt/black pepper)
Dice the vegetables finely and boil till soft. Put aside.
Lightly fry the fish with olive oil and put aside.
For the sauce, lightly fry the onions.
Put in the vegetables and tomato sauce, Let it shimmer for 5 to 7 minutes then add in fish (mash it/cut it into small pieces), salt,basil and oregano.
Let it shimmer another 5 or 7 minutes.
Don't forget the pasta of your choice to go with the sauce.
Hope you like this recipe!

No comments: