Friday, January 04, 2008

Learning

Above is one of the presents we gave Reese for Christmas. Since then he has been learning new words. So far he can say and identify the following pictures from his new toy:

b: Ball
c: Cat
e: Elephant (cannot say yet but can point to it)
f: Frog
h: House
j: Jar
k: Kite
l: Lorry
n: Nest
q: Queen
s: Star
t: Train
u: Umbrella (trying to say it...)
y: Yo yo


Various Animals from the Internet

Magnetic ABCs on his white board

Various Vehicles from the Internet

;) I am so happy that Reese is learning more and more everyday. So much so that I went and bought him a set of magnetic alphabets and took the trouble to download some pictures and later will print it and stick it up on the board so that he can see and learn.

To date, he can say over 40 words and correctly identifies them.

I am determined to teach him reading by age 3!! Yes.... oh..don't worry... no pressure at all... he enjoys every moment of his 'lessons'. Everything is through play and he loves it. I am really squeezing all my brain juices here! I want him to learn and most importantly have alot of fun!!!

Not easy considering I do have a weak back and I have to crawl and roll on the floor with him alot! :) I enjoy it thou.

Do you know that the first 3 years is when our little ones' brain works at its peak?? So teach them as much as possible... they absorb like a sponge!

2 comments:

Ann said...

There are a few people on my blog who are also mothers and fathers. Kids really squeeze all creativity out of us.

Maybe visit Kathie's blog on her two boys!

Baby Darren said...

Feel so bad after reading this post (not ur fault) coz darren still cannot talk yet and don't think he knows as much as Reese. Feel that I am not doing good enough...Reese's mommy, u are really doing a great great job here...(thumbs up for u).