Thursday, January 10, 2013

2013... A good start!

Our homeschooling journey for 2013 started really well, Reese did not complain about math and was very enthusiastic about it. Offering to do 3 pages of math every day! I guess asking him to skip repetitive questions helped. So 3 pages of math is actually equivalent to 1 page! :) As long as he learns, I am happy! Hope this will last...

I started work on Tuesday and goodness me, Reese was such a chatterbox during my classes! I was doing a lesson with my Year 8 students and my dear son has so much input to everything I was discussing with them! I had to stop him constantly but the fact is, whatever opinion or stuff he had to say was relevant and factually correct. Once again, I am in awe of his knowledge. How on earth did I have such an intelligent child? Honestly, not trying to brag! 

I realised he talks more and more and when he is around people, he is one hyper ball! No joke! He is playing better with other children too. I see more meaningful communication between him and his friends. He is maturing... yes he is... I am so happy. 

You know what? I always complain that Reese lacks empathy since young? He is getting better. For example, Reese will consciously check that I am not over burden with bags and other stuff to carry. He will offer to help me and insist upon it. He will read my facial expressions and the moment he detects sadness or out of the norm behaviour/expression, he will do silly dances to cheer me up or give me kisses. He always tells me that I will always be his 'sweetie pie' even when I am old (yeah right! haha...).... so sweet isn't it? In time, I am more confident that my son will fit into society well. 

Just recently, Reese declared that he has fallen in love with a girl. He wants to marry her and cook for her.... not just ordinary food mind you... hehehe... he wanted to cook special delicacies like stuffed mushrooms with cheese and roast turkey! (Reese is a foodie) 

My dear son is a clown/comic! He loves jokes/ puns/ tricking his dad and will laugh himself silly. He is such a happy boy and honestly.... very innocent and pure but at the same time, very very cheeky (doesn't quite make sense right?). He is also a very sensitive child. Cries easily these days over little things. Sometimes the words he used to tell you how hurt he was can really pierce through your heart. Damn! He is really that good in expressing himself. Ha!



Ice skating with his friends. 




Science Co-op at the Science Centre. Kids did a review lesson with me and then it was play time. We also had a picnic lunch. So much fun for the kids! I had a terrible headache after that. 

1 comment:

MeRy said...

The ice skating was fun..