Sunday, September 23, 2007

A year almost gone...

My little one is almost one year old. How time has passed. He is becoming more independent and has a mind of his own. I am losing the little baby who used to want mama to carry and always feeling contented just being in mama's arms.

I am beginning to worry that soon he will be Mr. Independent and I won't get to hug and kiss him whenever I want. In other words... he will no longer be the little baby he once was. I am beginning to miss those early months of motherhood... I am sure you know what I mean! Don't get me wrong, I still get to give hugs and kisses..but only when my little Mr. Independent wants it.

He has grown so much and every now and then I will wonder what he would be like when he grows up. Will he be a caring son? Will he be smart and successful in his life? Will he bring home a lovely girl?... I know...It's way way too early to think about these things... haha.... but hey... my one year with Reese now feels like yesterday! I love staring at him when he is asleep. He is such a beautiful child. Sometimes he looks so grown up.

Lately, he is beginning to show more awareness to his surroundings. He is demanding things, trying to tell you what he wants physically, imitating us, learning new tricks and even understand some of the things we said to him! He is full of surprises! I love every moment of it except when he was sick. Now that episode two weeks ago really broke my heart.

Mmmm... can't wait till next Sunday. Hubby and I are planning a birthday party for him. We are inviting about 25 people to our humble home. Gosh... not sure how everyone is going to fit into our house...hehe...

I am busy planning the menu. I want every guest that comes to enjoy some good food and fellowship with each other.Right now, my menu is as follows:

1. Curry chicken
2. Asam pedas ikan pari
3. Yong tau fu
4. Yam cake
5. Mix vegetables and prawns
6. Bread and rice
7. Cream sauce pasta with bacon
8. Parmesan cheese mash potatoes
9. Birthday cake (most probably going for classic cheese- Secret Recipe)

What do you think? :) Hopefully I can cook everything in time! I think I need my sister to come over to help... hehe.. Jill... make yourself free coming Sunday.

We also bought some party decorations and some toys for the party packs last night from Toys' R us. I am so excited.

3 comments:

Jillian said...

Sure.. just let me know the time

Baby Darren said...

Wow...time flies and I'm sure everyone is excited about the bday. You are going to cook everything by urself? Geng chow...

Just make sure he get enough sleep before the bday party starts. Darren slept through half his bday party. Remember to take lots of pictures and show us, ok?

A gift from God said...

mummy Darren,

How's the little one? and YES..I am going to cook everything except the Yam cake. My maid and sis will help...so I think it should be ok. My boy looks older than his one year of age hor? He is same height with most 16 to 18 months old.. hehe... plus his mature looks doesn't help either...