Monday, March 24, 2008

A thought....
Since I made the promise to hubby about not buying toys for Reese for the next 5 months.....I.....I... have been thinking that I need to get Reese a drum set.... hahaha... he likes to play drums...and the past week he has been holding his drum stick and mumbles drum drum drum....
mmm... since I have a promise to keep.... I am toying with the idea of making my own drum set!!! Earlier today while driving... I was already imagining how to make the drum set! What I need to get and stuff like that... haha...
whether it will materialise or not... well... will seelah... I got inspired by mummy Darren...she actually spend a cool number of hours to make Darren a play house out of boxes! So cool... :)

3 comments:

Ann said...

opppsssss.....:)

andrewjune said...

that's GREAT...without spending any $$$ LOL

Moomykin said...

My boys love to drum too..and sometimes, to the dismay of the grandparents, on the dining table.

Some ideas:
Use plastic containers of different shapes and sizes for different sounds. Can use wooden chopsticks too, varied with plastic and steel if you have.

If you don't mind loud crashes, allow pots and tin cans. Our "drum set" is usually played in the kitchen. :)

Other additions to the set: CD covers, hard cover books, plastic cups, tissue boxes. Can also fill up empty bottles (500ml or less) with beans or rice or tiny pebbles for shakers.