Friday, July 05, 2013

Yummy Healthy Breakfast!





It has been two months and we are still not bored with soaked oats! It is easy to prepare, very tasty and healthy. I don't like oats in any form. Too mushy for me. When I read about soaked oats.... I was very skeptical but for the sick of good health I gave it a try. 

I made a small portion for Reese and myself. First spoonful tasted good and then I watched Reese took his first bite.... he said yummy...... :) Then the next time I added a teaspoon of peanut butter and it tasted heavenly!! 

Here is a simple recipe I used for the soaked oats. You can top it with any kind of fruits and nuts and don't forget to add a dollop of peanut butter and some honey to taste.

Soaked oats:
3 tablespoon of rolled oats
1 tablespoon of chia seeds (optional)
2 tablespoon of greek yogurt or regular yogurt
Some milk to soak the oats and chia seeds
A pinch of salt/cinnamon (optional)

Mix everything and keep it in the fridge overnight. Add a dollop of peanut butter or honey (I use Manuka honey) or both with a some cut fruits before serving. 

Our favourite combination is grapes, jackfruit, apple, banana and a sprinkle of walnut pieces. 

I did a rough estimation.... it should be between 250-300 calories for each serving. 

Soaked oats has a lot of benefits.... lazy to write.. just go google k?

Chia seed is a super food. It is a great source of healthy omega-3 fats and fibre and has lots of other minerals. 

Peanut butter is actually a form of good fat! 

This bowl of goodness is just too good not to have! Try it..... :)
















Reese: Mum you are crazy! But it's ok. I like.......
Me: Yeah right! You wanted to lick all the peanut butter from the jar right? 
Reese: Ahuh.... *sheepish grin*

No comments: