Monday, July 14, 2008

Doctor's Advice

I am down with a sore throat and lost 80% of my voice this morning. I went to see a doctor and also asked her advice about fever and food for young children. Hope this is useful for mummies who are as blur as me. :)

What is considered fever and high fever?
- 37.5c to 38.0c is fever
- anything above 38.0c is high fever.

When to see a doc?
- When fever is high
- When child is not acting normal like vomiting, tired, refuse to eat and drink...etc.
- When child has fever for more than 3 days.

What to give when child is down with fever?
- Paracetamol for fever
- Give child normal food and there is no proof that rice and the like can cause fever. Child needs energy to get well. So go ahead and give them their usual food even if it's ice-cream or some cold drink. It is fine.

There....hope some of you will find this useful... I actually gave Reese cold barley when he had fever...hehe...

3 comments:

Blessed mum said...

yup. that's the advice my GP gave..always have a bottle of Paracetamol standby at home as per his advice.

Blessed mum said...

o..I have tag your little one with a Love Link tag..pass the love on when you are free : )

Ann said...

Oh...you must have caught the bug from Reese!

hope you get well real soon!